- The growing rodent population in the District is causing concern related to health and safety of its population & tourists.
- Waste is inappropriately thrown away by local businesses and residents; main source of food for rodents.
- 25 CleanCUBEs in SE/NW DC (Barrack’s Row, Freedom Plaza and Indiana Ave).
- 100 CleanCAPs to be installed with Downtown DC Business Improvement District in conjunction with Office of the CTO.
- Monitor and analyze collection frequency to optimize collection workers’ routes and downtime.
- Identified the heaviest waste generated locations and optimized collection frequency from 21 times a week to 3 times a week.
- The local businesses where CleanCUBE has been deployed have seen a reduction in the number of rodent appearances.
- Due to the less frequent collections, CleanCUBE has reduced the downtime of waste collectors to focus on secondary waste-related issues.